The success of Živković Samardžić, one of the Serbia’s leading full-service independent law firms, is largely determined by commitment to hire and develop the very best and to create a team that provide the highest quality of work and service based on thorough understanding of markets and needs of firm’s clients.
This year Živković Samardžić celebrates 20th anniversary and after so many years of being consistently ranked among the top firms in Serbia, we are currently seeking a Business Development Manager to join our winning team. This is your opportunity to have an impact by making meaningful contributions to advance business development initiatives at a firm known for its entrepreneurial spirit, collegial culture, and focus on clients.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for supporting revenue growth in the market, to leverage business development, marketing expertise, and knowledge of professional services to deploy the full range of services required to support growth. Under very general supervision, the Business Development Manager will utilize local market, practice, industry, client knowledge, and business acumen to engage, retain, and expand new and existing client relationships, as well as target and secure new clients and referral sources.
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the lawyers and clients in the market to drive strategic priorities
- Organizing and logistically supporting profile-building events and initiatives that elevate the firm’s brand in the market
- Providing hands-on support in developing, executing and managing client development initiatives and facilitating client engagement
- Organizing and logistically supporting preparation of marketing collateral, client pitches, proposals, RFP responses and presentations.
- Drafting, editing and filing award and ranking submissions (e.g., Chambers, Legal 500, IFLR) and facilitating interviews, as required
- Drafting content for the client alerts, firm’s website and social media sites, newsletters, brochures, etc.
- Identifying cross-selling and cross-marketing opportunities
- Coordinating and delivering Business Development training for lawyers
- Developing the strategy and participating in seminars and conferences
- Organizing and coordinating alumni relations to leverage the alumni network
The position requires University Degree in a related field.
The position requires a minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience during which the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities applicable to the position were attained.
Direct experience in a professional services environment and marketing/communications in any professional capacity is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Shows initiative and resourcefulness in helping to identify, develop, and implement new initiatives, or in the completion of large-scale strategic projects.
- Thinks commercially, is able to understand business issues, and assists in identifying opportunities to strengthen and broaden client relationships.
- Builds strong relationships with lawyers at all levels, gain an understanding of their practice and client profiles, and act with confidence to coach them on client development approaches and best practices.
- Communicates in English and Serbian clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing. Strong editing and proofreading skills are essential.
- Provides the highest quality client service to both internal and external contacts. Demonstrates patience, creativity, and discretion.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work independently when required, and lead in collaborative, effective teams as needed to accomplish objectives.
- Exhibits exceptional attention to detail and organization, with strong project management skills. Ability to identify priorities and adjust while working in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Ability to make compelling presentations to groups of all sizes.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge or guidance, analyze and interpret data from several sources, solve problems by applying precedent, or extrapolating from previous experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc. to produce quality written communications such as memos, spreadsheets, slides, and other work products; knowledge of other page and document design programs beneficial.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending a current CV and cover letter to email@example.com.